Backup and Security provisions for the Green Gas system
- All data transmitted to and from the GGCS system is protected by high-grade encryption (AES-128 128-bit)
- Digital Certificates are 128-bit AES encrypted and are edit-restricted
- Digital Certificates contain checksums and unique identifiers to ensure they can be traced and verified
- All data is stored in four geographic locations to ensure continuity and minimum server down-time
- The authenticity of Retirement Statements can be confirmed online via www.greengas.org.uk/validate
- The data stored on the Green Gas primary server will be considered the primary source in the case of any dispute.
- Servers sit behind multiple firewalls. Only Ports 80 and 443 are publicly accessible.
- Snapshot data is kept at 3-hour intervals for a minimum of 3 months
- Primary servers are managed by AWS and SAV London Ltd
- IP addresses are explicitly tracked throughout the GGCS members functions, including injection, sale & certification
- Member accounts log out automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity
- All data is stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998